My first mock draft for 2014 – that is, my projection of how the 27 picks of the first round will go – went up on Thursday, and I held my regular Klawchat that day as well. The next mock will go up after next week’s college conference tournaments; I’ll be at the SEC tournament in Hoover from Wednesday to Friday, if any of you choose to make that trip.
A friend of mine in the baseball world recommended the KettlePizza, a kit that sits on top of a kettle-style charcoal grill to turn it into a wood-burning pizza oven. He swears by it, saying he can get the internal temperature up to 800 degrees, which is enough for traditional Neapolitan-style pizza (my favorite kind). Have any of you given tried one of these? I’ve mentioned it to my wife in the context of my upcoming birthday … so any comments would be great.
And now, the weekly links…
- Did Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven” rip off another song? If so, it wouldn’t be the first such accusation to succeed against the band.
- Melting of Antarctic Ice Sheet Might Be Unstoppable. Okay, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try.
- A new contender for “biggest dinosaur ever” has been discovered in Argentina. This would be my daughter’s pick for best link of the week.
- Incredible close-up footage of the 1980 Mt. St. Helens eruption. I’ve always been fascinated by that eruption for two reasons: It’s one of my earliest memories of a major news event, and volcanoes are awesome.
- Jackfruit: A fruit to feed the world? I first saw one of these monsters in Hawai’i, and I imagine you could feed a family of twelve on one of these.