My latest Insider post at ESPN.com covers games from Thursday and Friday, including young players from the Jays, Rays, Nats, and Atlanta. Previous posts from this week cover Astros & Tigers players and Tigers & Pirates.
- From last August, a BuzzFeed piece on the “notorious MSG”, the chemistry of umami, and how chefs like David Chang are experimenting with new ways to develop glutamates in food.
- Human Rights Watch: For-Profit Probation Tramples Rights of Poor. Debtors’ prison for the 21st century.
- Antivaccination Parents Dig In Heels Even after Receiving Medical Info. So don’t give them a choice: You want to send your kids to public school, you vaccinate them. You are not allowed to put others at risk through your own ignorance.
- Caffeine Boosts Memory—Really. I think I tweeted this link, but then I forgot.
- Oxadiazoles: New Class Of Antibiotics Discovered. I can’t wait till we give these to livestock and create a whole new class of superbugs too!
I’m heading to Arizona Monday evening, and should be able to hold a chat on Thursday at the usual time, the same morning the new Future Power Rankings are released on ESPN.com. As always, I’ll tweet the chat link that morning.