I never tweeted this one while I was on the move, but I wrote a short blog post on some Boston & Texas prospects at Greenville and Hickory, led by Luke Jackson.
* Food’s Biggest Scam: The Great Kobe Beef Lie, first of three parts. That “American Kobe beef” you eat isn’t Kobe at all – and it can include just about any kind of beef the chef wants it to include.
* Serious Eats’ Food Lab looks at storing fresh mozzarella. The answer surprised me.
* Keep Food Legal’s Baylen Linnekin weighs in on California’s war on food trucks. Anti-food truck laws are nearly always about brick-and-mortar restaurants defending their turf.
* Fangraphs talks to pitcher Michael Schwimer about how he takes a more rational approach to refining his craft on the mound.
* Aziz Ansari appeared on Fresh Air, and while he’s always funny and interesting, his comments on bullying really stood out as the first time I ever feel like I heard Ansari break his comedic character.